Estimation procedures for exchangeable Marshall copulas with hydrological application
AbstractComplex phenomena in environmental sciences can be conveniently represented by several inter-dependent random variables. In order to describe such situations, copula-based models have been studied during the last year. In this paper, we consider a novel family of bivariate copulas, called exchangeable Marshall copulas. Such copulas describe both positive and (upper) tail association between random variables. Speci cally, inference procedures for the family of exchangeable Marshall copulas are introduced, based on the estimation of their (univariate) generator. Moreover, the performance of the proposed methodologies is shown in a simulation study. Finally, an illustration describes how the proposed procedures can be useful in a hydrological application.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany in its series SFB 649 Discussion Papers with number SFB649DP2014-014.
Length: 30 pages
Date of creation: Jan 2014
Date of revision:
Copula; Kendall distribution; Marshall-Olkin distribution; Non-parametric Estimation; Risk Management;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-02-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2014-02-08 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-ECM-2014-02-08 (Econometrics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fabrizio Durante, 2009. "Construction of non-exchangeable bivariate distribution functions," Statistical Papers, Springer, Springer, vol. 50(2), pages 383-391, March.
- Di Bernardino Elena & Rullière Didier, 2013.
"On certain transformations of Archimedean copulas: Application to the non-parametric estimation of their generators,"
Dependence Modeling, De Gruyter Open,
De Gruyter Open, vol. 1, pages 1-36, October.
- Elena Di Bernardino & Didier Rullière, 2013. "On certain transformation of Archimedean copulas: Application to the non-parametric estimation of their generators," Post-Print hal-00834000, HAL.
- Dimitrova, Dimitrina S. & Kaishev, Vladimir K. & Penev, Spiridon I., 2008. "GeD spline estimation of multivariate Archimedean copulas," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 52(7), pages 3570-3582, March.
- Liebscher, Eckhard, 2008. "Construction of asymmetric multivariate copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 99(10), pages 2234-2250, November.
- Manner, Hans & Segers, Johan, 2011. "Tails of correlation mixtures of elliptical copulas," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 153-160, January.
- Jean-François Quessy, 2012. "Testing for Bivariate Extreme Dependence Using Kendall's Process," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 39(3), pages 497-514, 09.
- Christian Hering & Jan-Frederik Mai, 2012. "Moment-based estimation of extendible Marshall-Olkin copulas," Metrika, Springer, Springer, vol. 75(5), pages 601-620, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RDC-Team).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.