A Donsker Theorem for Lévy Measures
AbstractGiven n equidistant realisations of a Lévy process (Lt; t >= 0), a natural estimator for the distribution function N of the Lévy measure is constructed. Under a polynomial decay restriction on the characteristic function, a Donsker-type theorem is proved, that is, a functional central limit theorem for the process in the space of bounded functions away from zero. The limit distribution is a generalised Brownian bridge process with bounded and continuous sample paths whose covariance structure depends on the Fourier-integral operator. The class of Lévy processes covered includes several relevant examples such as compound Poisson, Gamma and self-decomposable processes. Main ideas in the proof include establishing pseudo-locality of the Fourier-integral operator and recent techniques from smoothed empirical processes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany in its series SFB 649 Discussion Papers with number SFB649DP2012-003.
Length: 26 pages
Date of creation: Jan 2012
Date of revision:
uniform central limit theorem; nonlinear inverse problem; smoothed empirical processes; pseudo-differential operators; jump measure;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Denis Belomestny & Markus Reiß, 2006.
"Spectral calibration of exponential Lévy models,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 449-474, December.
- Denis Belomestny & Markus Reiß, 2006. "Spectral calibration of exponential Lévy Models ," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-035, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Denis Belomestny & Markus Reiß, 2006. "Spectral calibration of exponential Lévy Models ," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-034, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RDC-Team).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.