Power Properties of Linearity Tests for Time Series
AbstractThis paper examines the power properties of several linearity tests applied in time series analysis. The tests are the ones Lee et al. (1993) used in their Monte Carlo study. The main tool used for power comparisons in this paper is the Pitman asymptotic relative efficiency. The results generally strengthen the outcome of the simulations and complement some results in Lee et al. (1993). They also suggest guidelines for designing Monte Carlo experiments for linearity tests.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Stockholm School of Economics in its series Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance with number 94.
Length: 15 pages
Date of creation: Jan 1996
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics and Econometrics, 1996, pages 3-10
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Economic Research Institute, Stockholm School of Economics, P.O. Box 6501, 113 83 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46-(0)8-736 90 00
Fax: +46-(0)8-31 01 57
Web page: http://www.hhs.se/
More information through EDIRC
Bilinear model; local asymptotic power; nonlinear time series; Pitman asymptotic relative efficiency; threshold autoregressive model;
Other versions of this item:
- Teräsvirta Timo, 1996. "Power Properties of Linearity Tests for Time Series," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 1-10, April.
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Castle, Jennifer L. & Hendry, David F., 2010.
"A low-dimension portmanteau test for non-linearity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 158(2), pages 231-245, October.
- Jennifer Castle & David Hendry, 2010. "A Low-Dimension Portmanteau Test for Non-linearity," Economics Series Working Papers 471, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Berg, Nathan, 2004. "No-decision classification: an alternative to testing for statistical significance," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 631-650, November.
- Q. Farooq Akram & Øyvind Eitrheim & Lucio Sarno, 2005. "Non-linear dynamics in output, real exchange rates and real money balances: Norway, 1830-2003," Working Paper 2005/2, Norges Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helena Lundin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.