Towards a Competence Management Framework - Cost Management in Competitive Dynamics
AbstractHow to design and make cost and management control systems work in today's empowered, learning organizations has become the subject of much debate. This essay sketches a Competence Management framework that can be used to inform case study work (as well as standard statistical studies) aimed at addressing the question of how to design and use cost management system in a learning organization.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Gothenburg, Department of Business Administration in its series FE rapport with number 1998-365.
Length: 29 pages
Date of creation: 31 Aug 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Dept of Business Adminstration, School of Business, Economics and Law, University of Gothenburg, Box 610, SE 405 30 Göteborg, Sweden
Web page: http://www.handels.gu.se/fek/
More information through EDIRC
Competence management; framework; field study; cost management.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M40 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hopwood, Anthony G., 1987. "The archeology of accounting systems," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 207-234, April.
- Birnberg, Jacob G. & Snodgrass, Coral, 1988. "Culture and control: A field study," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 447-464, August.
- Hedberg, Bo & Jonsson, Sten, 1978. "Designing semi-confusing information systems for organizations in changing environments," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 47-64, February.
- Robert Tannenbaum & Fred Massarik, 1957. "Leadership: A Frame of Reference," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 4(1), pages 1-19, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria Persson).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.