Combinatorial optimization and Green Logistics
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to introduce the area of Green Logistics and to describe some of the problems that arise in this subject which can be formulated as combinatorial optimization problems. The paper particularly considers the topics of reverse logistics, waste management and vehicle routing and scheduling.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Post-Print with number hal-00644111.
Date of creation: 01 Mar 2010
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published, Annals of Operations Research, 2010, 175, 1, 159-175
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00644111/en/
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Spengler, Th. & Puchert, H. & Penkuhn, T. & Rentz, O., 1997. "Environmental integrated production and recycling management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 308-326, March.
- de Brito, M.P. & van der Laan, E.A., 2003. "Inventory Management with product returns: the value of information," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2003-060-LIS, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Teixeira, Joao & Antunes, Antonio Pais & de Sousa, Jorge Pinho, 2004. "Recyclable waste collection planning--a case study," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 158(3), pages 543-554, November.
- Harvey M. Wagner & Thomson M. Whitin, 1958. "Dynamic Version of the Economic Lot Size Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 5(1), pages 89-96, October.
- Barros, A. I. & Dekker, R. & Scholten, V., 1998. "A two-level network for recycling sand: A case study," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 199-214, October.
- Lacomme, Philippe & Prins, Christian & Ramdane-Cherif, Wahiba, 2005. "Evolutionary algorithms for periodic arc routing problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 165(2), pages 535-553, September.
- Marin, Alfredo & Pelegrin, Blas, 1998. "The return plant location problem: Modelling and resolution," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 375-392, January.
- Beullens, Patrick & Muyldermans, Luc & Cattrysse, Dirk & Van Oudheusden, Dirk, 2003. "A guided local search heuristic for the capacitated arc routing problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 147(3), pages 629-643, June.
- Fleischmann, Moritz & Bloemhof-Ruwaard, Jacqueline M. & Dekker, Rommert & van der Laan, Erwin & van Nunen, Jo A. E. E. & Van Wassenhove, Luk N., 1997. "Quantitative models for reverse logistics: A review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 1-17, November.
- Fleischmann, Mortiz & Krikke, Hans Ronald & Dekker, Rommert & Flapper, Simme Douwe P., 2000. "A characterisation of logistics networks for product recovery," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 653-666, December.
- Hu, Tung-Lai & Sheu, Jiuh-Biing & Huang, Kuan-Hsiung, 2002. "A reverse logistics cost minimization model for the treatment of hazardous wastes," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 457-473, November.
- G. B. Dantzig & J. H. Ramser, 1959. "The Truck Dispatching Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(1), pages 80-91, October.
- Chu, Feng & Labadi, Nacima & Prins, Christian, 2006. "A Scatter Search for the periodic capacitated arc routing problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 169(2), pages 586-605, March.
- Dekker, R. & Bloemhof-Ruwaard, J.M. & Mallidis, I., 2011.
"Operations Research for Green Logistics – An Overview of Aspects, Issues, Contributions and Challenges,"
Econometric Institute Research Papers
EI2011-30, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Dekker, Rommert & Bloemhof, Jacqueline & Mallidis, Ioannis, 2012. "Operations Research for green logistics – An overview of aspects, issues, contributions and challenges," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 219(3), pages 671-679.
- Wy, Juyoung & Kim, Byung-In & Kim, Seongbae, 2013. "The rollon–rolloff waste collection vehicle routing problem with time windows," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 224(3), pages 466-476.
- De Rosa, Vincenzo & Gebhard, Marina & Hartmann, Evi & Wollenweber, Jens, 2013. "Robust sustainable bi-directional logistics network design under uncertainty," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 145(1), pages 184-198.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.