New approximations in local volatility models
AbstractFor general time-dependent local volatility models, we propose new approximation formulas for the price of call options. This extends previous results of [BGM10b] where stochastic expansions combined with Malliavin calculus were performed to obtain approximation formulas based on the local volatility At The Money. Here, we derive alternative expansions involving the local volatility at strike. Averaging both expansions give even more accurate results. Approximations of the implied volatility are provided as well.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Post-Print with number hal-00523369.
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published, Inspired by Finance. The Musiela Festschrift, Springer (Ed.), 2013, 305--330
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00523369
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vladimir Piterbarg, 2005. "Stochastic Volatility Model with Time-dependent Skew," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 147-185.
- E. Benhamou & E. Gobet & M. Miri, 2009. "Smart expansion and fast calibration for jump diffusions," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 563-589, September.
- Eric Benhamou & Emmanuel Gobet & Mohammed Miri, 2010. "Expansion formulas for European options in a local volatility model," Post-Print hal-00325939, HAL.
- Eric Benhamou & Emmanuel Gobet & Mohammed Miri, 2009. "Smart expansion and fast calibration for jump diffusion," Post-Print hal-00200395, HAL.
- Roger W. Lee, 2004. "The Moment Formula For Implied Volatility At Extreme Strikes," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(3), pages 469-480.
- E. Benhamou & E. Gobet & M. Miri, 2010. "Expansion Formulas For European Options In A Local Volatility Model," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 13(04), pages 603-634.
- Schroder, Mark Douglas, 1989. " Computing the Constant Elasticity of Variance Option Pricing Formula," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(1), pages 211-19, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.