Two lemmas that changed general equilibrium theory
AbstractThis short paper published in Games and Economic Behavior (July 2009) "In Memoriam" of David Gale, emphasizes the seminal role played by two lemmas of David Gale in the development of the foundations of General Equilibrium Theory.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) with number halshs-00423878.
Date of creation: Apr 2009
Date of revision:
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00423878
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
Fixed points; equilibrium; excess demand correspondence; Gale-Nikaido-Devreu lemma; simultaneous optimization approach; Michael selection theorems.;
Other versions of this item:
- Florenzano, Monique, 2009. "Two lemmas that changed general equilibrium theory," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 603-605, July.
- Monique Florenzano, 2009. "Two lemmas that changed general equilibrium theory," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 09052, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gale, David, 1973. "Pure exchange equilibrium of dynamic economic models," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 12-36, February.
- Gerard Debreu, 1956. "Market Equilibrium," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University 10, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Geistdoerfer-Florenzano, Monique, 1982. "The gale-nikaido-debreu lemma and the existence of transitive equilibrium with or without the free-disposal assumption," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1-2), pages 113-134, January.
- Gale, D. & Mas-Colell, A., 1979. "Corrections to an equilibrium existence theorem for a general model without ordered preferences," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 297-298, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.