EADS, an unfinished transition. An understanding by the Economy of proximity (In French)
AbstractAeronautical group European EADS had many difficulties in 2006. The analyses converge to a \"problem of governance\". This report is not enough. We propose two complementary explanations: these difficulties of governance result from a too long distance, at the same time of a geographical and relational nature. We use the conceptual framework of the Economy of Proximity, which proposes a definition of the proximity with spatial and non spatial dimensions, to develop our argumentation. With geographical proximity, we distinguish institutional proximity and organisational proximity. First is understood as a relational availability, second as conforming and sharing institutions, third as a particular form of the preceding one which articulates political coordination and cognitive coordination.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales in its series Cahiers du GRES with number 2007-11.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
proximities; American institutionalism; aerospace sector; EADS;
Other versions of this item:
- Damien TALBOT (GREThA), 2007. "EADS, an unfinished transition. An understanding by the Economy of proximity (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA 2007-05, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- B52 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Institutional; Evolutionary
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- R39 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Other
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-06-11 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marie Coris & Yannick LUNG, 2005. "Les communautés virtuelles : la coordination sans proximité ? Les fondements de la coopération au sein des communautés du logiciel libre," Revue d'économie régionale et urbaine, Armand Colin, vol. 0(3), pages 397-420.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vincent Frigant).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.