Organisational proximity: an institutionalist point of view. The case of EADS (In French)
AbstractThis article proposes a definition of the a-spatial dimension of the proximity by adopting institutionalism point of view. In a first part, we distinguish institutional proximity and organisational proximity. According to the distinction suggested by Commons between institution and organization, the organisational proximity is understood like a particular form of institutional proximity. The heterogeneous actors who share this organizational proximity must integrate structure of power and can reach memory of the organization. In a second part, we examine how the new firm EADS built such proximity between its units, belonging still little time ago at three distinct firms.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales in its series Cahiers du GRES with number 2005-22.
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision:
American institutionalism; institutional proximity; organizational proximity; EADS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L29 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Other
- L62 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Automobiles; Other Transportation Equipment
- R39 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Other
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-12-09 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alain Rallet & André Torre, 2004. "Proximité et localisation," Économie rurale, Programme National Persée, vol. 280(1), pages 25-41.
- Commons, John R., 1931. "Institutional Economics," History of Economic Thought Articles, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, vol. 21, pages 648-657.
- Théret, Bruno, 2001. "Saisir les faits économiques : la méthode Commons," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/9633, Paris Dauphine University.
- Bénédicte Reynaud, 2001. "« Suivre des règles » dans les organisations," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 97(1), pages 53-68.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vincent Frigant).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.