Fiscal federalism and Fiscal Autonomy: Lessons for the UK from other Industrialised Countries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow in its series Working Papers with number 2002_12.
Date of creation: Sep 2002
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-11-28 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ebel, Robert D. & Yilmaz, Serdar, 2002. "On the measurement and impact of fiscal decentralization," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2809, The World Bank.
- Ulrich Thießen, 2003. "Fiscal Decentralisation and Economic Growth in High-Income OECD Countries," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 24(3), pages 237-274, September.
- Alexandra Bibbee & Alessandro Goglio, 2002. "Public Spending in Italy: Policies to Enhance Its Effectiveness," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 324, OECD Publishing.
- Steen Daugaard, 2002. "Enhancing Expenditure Control with a Decentralised Public Sector in Denmark," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 320, OECD Publishing.
- Michael Keen, 1997.
"Vertical Tax Externalities in the Theory of Fiscal Federalism,"
IMF Working Papers
97/173, International Monetary Fund.
- Michael Keen, 1998. "Vertical Tax Externalities in the Theory of Fiscal Federalism," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 45(3), pages 454-485, September.
- Laura Blow & John Hall & Stephen Smith, 1996. "Financing regional government in the UK: some issues," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 17(4), pages 99-120, November.
- Brennan,Geoffrey & Buchanan,James M., 2006.
"The Power to Tax,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521027922, October.
- Oates, Wallace E, 1985. "Searching for Leviathan: An Empirical Study," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 748-57, September.
- Massimo Bordignon, 2000. "Problems of Soft Budget Constraints in Intergovernmental Relationships: The Case of Italy," Research Department Publications 3099, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Johann Bröthaler & Michael Getzner, 2011. "Fiscal Autonomy and Total Government Expenditure: An Austrian Case-study," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 134-156, May.
- Ronald MacDonald & Paul Hallwood, 2004. "The Economic Case for Fiscal Federalism in Scotland," Working papers 2004-42, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- James Gallagher & Daniel Hinze, . "Financing Options for Devolved Government in the UK," Working Papers 2005_24, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jeanette Findlay).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.