A Bayesian spatial probit estimation of Free Trade Agreement contagion
AbstractThis paper analyzes the spatial interdependence of Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) in a cross-section framework using the Conta-gion Index proposed by Baldwin and Jaimovich (2010). A Bayesian heteroskedastic probit model is estimated, where a spatial lag is built based on the Contagion Index, finding evidence of interdependence related with a domino-like effect. I compare the results with simple probit estimations and other spatial specifications.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies in its series IHEID Working Papers with number 07-2010.
Date of creation: 15 Jun 2010
Date of revision:
Contagion Index; Free Trade Agreements; Spatial probit;
Other versions of this item:
- Dany Jaimovich, 2012. "A Bayesian spatial probit estimation of Free Trade Agreement contagion," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(6), pages 579-583, April.
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-11-13 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard Baldwin & Dany Jaimovich, 2009.
"Are Free Trade Agreements Contagious?,"
Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series
gd09-057, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Richard Baldwin & Dany Jaimovich, 2010. "Are Free Trade Agreements Contagious?," NBER Working Papers 16084, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baldwin, Richard & Jaimovich, Dany, 2010. "Are Free Trade Agreements Contagious?," CEPR Discussion Papers 7904, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Baldwin, Richard & Jaimovich, Dany, 2009. "Are Free Trade Agreements Contagious?," CCES Discussion Paper Series 12, Center for Research on Contemporary Economic Systems, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Johannes Eugster).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.