Public and Private Secondary Education in Developing Countries. A Comparative Study
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Bank in its series World Bank - Discussion Papers with number 309.
Length: 127 pages
Date of creation: 1995
Date of revision:
EDUCATION; ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schady, Norbert R., 2001.
"Convexity and sheepskin effects in the human capital earnings function : recent evidence for Filipino men,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2566, The World Bank.
- Norbert R. Schady, 2003. "Convexity and Sheepskin Effects in the Human Capital Earnings Function: Recent Evidence for Filipino Men," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 65(2), pages 171-196, 05.
- repec:idb:brikps:30878 is not listed on IDEAS
- Psacharopoulos, George & Arieira, Carlos R. & Mattson, Robert, 1997. "Private education in a poor country: The case of urban Bolivia," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 395-406, October.
- Sarbajit Chaudhuri, 2005. "Skills Formation And Wage Inequality In Developing Countries: A Theoretical Analysis," Labor and Demography 0511009, EconWPA.
- Pablo Gonz�lez, 2002. "Lecciones de la investigaci�n econ�mica sobre el rol del sector privado en educaci�n," Documentos de Trabajo 117, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Sarbajit Chaudhuri, 2005.
"Incidence Of Child Labour, Free Education Policy And Economic Liberalization In A Developing Economy,"
Labor and Demography
- Sarbajit Chaudhuri, 2004. "Incidence of Child Labour, Free Education Policy, and Economic Liberalisation in a Developing Economy," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 43(1), pages 1-25.
- Deolalikar, Anil & Hasan, Rana & Khan, Haider & Quibria, M.G., 1997. "Competiveness and Human Resource Development," MPRA Paper 2819, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 1997.
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit & Bandopadhyay, Titas Kumar, 2012. "Endogenous skill formation, foreign capital and education subsidy in a dual economy," MPRA Paper 41631, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sosale, Shobhana, 2000. "Trends in private sector development in World Bank education projects," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2452, The World Bank.
- Sarbajit Chaudhuri, 2010.
"Mid-Day Meal Program And Incidence Of Child Labour In A Developing Economy,"
The Japanese Economic Review,
Japanese Economic Association, vol. 61(2), pages 252-265.
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit, 2007. "Mid-day Meal Program and Incidence of Child Labour in a Developing Economy," MPRA Paper 4367, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit & Mukhopadhyay, Ujjaini, 2003.
"Free Education Policy and Trade Liberalization: Consequences on Child and Adult Labour Markets in a Small Open Economy,"
Journal of Economic Integration,
Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 18, pages 336-359.
- Sarbajit Chaudhuri & Ujjaini Mukhopadhyay, 2005. "Free Education Policy And Trade Liberalization: Consequences On Child And Adult Labour Markets In A Small Open Economy," Labor and Demography 0510018, EconWPA.
- Rainer Thiele, 1997.
"The role of the private and public sector in human capital formation,"
Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy,
Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 186-192, July.
- Thiele, Rainer, 1997. "The role of the private and public sector in human capital formation," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 1714, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Bedi, Arjun S. & Garg, Ashish, 2000. "The effectiveness of private versus public schools: the case of Indonesia," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 463-494, April.
- Chang-Tai Hsieh & Miguel Urquiola, 2002. "When Schools Compete, How Do They Compete? An Assessment of Chile’s Nationwide School Voucher Program," Working Papers 123, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- Patrick McEwan, 2001. "The Effectiveness of Public, Catholic, and Non-Religious Private Schools in Chile's Voucher System," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 103-128.
- Pritchett, Lant & Filmer,Deon, 1997. "What educational production functions really show : a positive theory of education spending," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1795, The World Bank.
- Harriet Nannyonjo, 2007. "Education Inputs In Uganda : An Analysis of Factors Influencing Learning Achievement in Grade Six," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6758, October.
- Gupta, Sanjeev & Verhoeven, Marijn, 2001. "The efficiency of government expenditure: experiences from Africa," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 433-467, May.
- Laurence Wolff & Claudio de Moura Castro, 2000. "Educación secundaria en América Latina y el Caribe: Los retos del crecimiento y la reforma," IDB Publications 8990, Inter-American Development Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.