Business Cycle and Monetary Policy Analysis in a Structural Sticky-Price of the Euro Area
AbstractStructural models are apowerful tool for business cycle and monetary analysis because they are invariant to either policy changes or external stocks. In this paper, we derive a sidrauski-type model in which both the demand and supply side are structural in the sense that the behavorial equations obtained are rigorously calculated from optimizing decisions of the individuals.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Quebec a Montreal - Recherche en gestion in its series Papers with number 49.
Length: 35 pages
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Canada; Universite du Quebec a Montreal, Centre de recherche en gestion. Case postale 8888, succursale A, Montreal (Quebec) Canada H3C 3P8
PRICES ; ECONOMIC MODELS ; FINANCIAL POLICY ; BUSINESS CYCLES;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E20 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Smets, Frank & Wouters, Raf, 2002.
"Openness, imperfect exchange rate pass-through and monetary policy,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(5), pages 947-981, July.
- Smets, Frank & Wouters, Raf, 2002. "Openness, imperfect exchange rate pass-through and monetary policy," Working Paper Series 0128, European Central Bank.
- Frank Smets & Raf Wouters, 2002. "Openness, imperfect exchange rate pass-through and monetary policy," Working Paper Research 19, National Bank of Belgium.
- Juan Paez-Farrell, 2003. "Monetary Policy and Business Cycle Analysis in an Optimising Model with Expectations Lags," Macroeconomics 0312002, EconWPA.
- Smets, Frank & Wouters, Raf, 2002. "An estimated stochastic dynamic general equilibrium model of the euro area," Working Paper Series 0171, European Central Bank.
- Frank Smets & Raf Wouters, 2002. "Monetary policy in an estimated stochastic dynamic general equilibrium model of the Euro area," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Mar.
- Francesco Lippi & Stefano Neri, 2004.
"Information variables for monetary policy in a small structural model of the euro area,"
Temi di discussione (Economic working papers)
511, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Lippi, Francesco & Neri, Stefano, 2003. "Information Variables for Monetary Policy in a Small Structural Model of the Euro Area," CEPR Discussion Papers 4125, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Juan Paez-Farrell, 2003. "The New Keynesian Phillips Curve: Some Counterfactual Evidence," Macroeconomics 0312003, EconWPA.
- Francesco Lippi & Stefano Neri, 2004. "Information variables for monetary policy in a small structural model," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 120, Netherlands Central Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.