Searching for Nominal Anchors in Shock-Prone Economies in the 1990s: Inflation Targets and Exchange Rate Bands
AbstractWe do not intent here to explore the choice of nominal anchors in the context of major inflation-stabilization programmes, as this topics has been covered, to a large extent, in proceding literature. Instead, we focus on cases of moderate inflation, such as Chile, Colombia, Israel and Mexico. In these countries despite a serious disinflation and a market adjustment in fiscal and monetary fundamentals , there is still a moderate inflation rate differential vis-a-vis trading partners, and there is a policy goal gradually to reduce the differential in the near future.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tel Aviv in its series Papers with number 15-96.
Length: 123 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Israel TEL-AVIV UNIVERSITY, THE FOERDER INSTITUTE FOR ECONOMIC RESEARCH, RAMAT AVIV 69 978 TEL AVIV ISRAEL.
Web page: http://econ.tau.ac.il/research/foerder.asp
More information through EDIRC
EXCHANGE RATE; MONETARY POLICY;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E64 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Incomes Policy; Price Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cukierman, A. & Kiguel, M.A. & Leiderman, L., 1993.
"The Choice of Exchange Rate Bands: Balancing Credibility and Flexibility,"
1-93, Tel Aviv - the Sackler Institute of Economic Studies.
- Cukierman, Alex & Spiegel, Yossi & Leiderman, Leonardo, 2004. "The choice of exchange rate bands: balancing credibility and flexibility," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 379-408, March.
- Cukierman, A. & Kiguel, M. & Leiderman, L., 2000. "The Choice of Exchange Rate Bands: Balancing Credibility and Flexibility," Discussion Paper 2000-107, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Jeffery D. Amato & Stefan Gerlach, 2001.
"Inflation Targeting in Emerging Market and Transition Economies: Lessons after a Decade,"
132001, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Amato, Jeffery D. & Gerlach, Stefan, 2002. "Inflation targeting in emerging market and transition economies: Lessons after a decade," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(4-5), pages 781-790, May.
- Amato, Jeffery D. & Gerlach, Stefan, 2001. "Inflation Targeting in Emerging Market and Transition Economies: Lessons After a Decade," CEPR Discussion Papers 3074, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Steven B. Kamin, 1997. "A multi-country comparison of the linkages between inflation and exchange rate competitiveness," BIS Working Papers 45, Bank for International Settlements.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.