Market Rigidities and Labour Market Flexibility : An International Comparison
AbstractThe effects of product and labour market rigidities on labour market dynamics are analysed using a panel of two-digit ISIC level data for seven OECD countries.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration- in its series Papers with number 23/96.
Length: 21 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: NORWEGIAN SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, HELLEVEIEN 30, 5035 BERGEN SANDVIKEN NORWAY.
Phone: 5595 9000
Fax: 5595 9100
Web page: http://www.nhh.no/
More information through EDIRC
EMPLOYMENT; LABOUR SUPPLY; LABOUR MOBILITY;
Other versions of this item:
- Salvanes, Kjell G, 1997. " Market Rigidities and Labour Market Flexibility: An International Comparison," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 99(2), pages 315-33, June.
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard Fabling & David C. Maré, 2012. "Cyclical Labour Market Adjustment in New Zealand: The Response of Firms to the Global Financial Crisis and its Implications for Workers," Working Papers 12_04, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Gomez-Salvador, Ramon & Messina, Julian & Vallanti, Giovanna, 2004.
"Gross job flows and institutions in Europe,"
Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 469-485, August.
- Petri Böckerman, 2004.
"Perception of Job Instability in Europe,"
Social Indicators Research,
Springer, vol. 67(3), pages 283-314, July.
- Stuart Glosser & Lonnie Golden, 2005. "Is labour becoming more or less flexible? Changing dynamic behaviour and asymmetries of labour input in US manufacturing," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(4), pages 535-557, July.
- Eva Wachsen & Blind, K., 2011. "WP 115 - More flexibility for more innovation? Evidence from the Netherlands," AIAS Working Papers wp115, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
- Nils Karlson & Marcus Box & Almas Heshmati, 2009.
"Generality, State Neutrality and Unemployment in the OECD,"
TEMEP Discussion Papers
200931, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Nov 2009.
- Karlson, Nils & Box, Marcus & Heshmati, Almas, 2008. "Generality, State Neutrality and Unemployment in the OECD," Ratio Working Papers 124, The Ratio Institute.
- Andersson, Linda & Gustafsson, Ola & Lundberg, Lars, 1999. "Structural Change, Competition And Job Turnover In The Swedish Manufacturing Industry 1964-96," UmeÃ¥ Economic Studies 486, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Erol Taymaz & Sule Ozler, 2004. "Labor Market Policies and EU Accession: Problems and Prospects for Turkey," ERC Working Papers 0405, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Mar 2004.
- Dimitri Paolini & Juan de Tena, 2012. "Short or long-term contract? Firm’s optimal choice," Empirica, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 1-18, February.
- Lesley O'Connell, 1999. "Sistemas de negociación colectiva en seis países latinoamericanos: grados de autonomía y descentralización (Argentina, Brasil, Chile, México, Perú y Venezuela)," Research Department Publications 4169, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Jesper Bagger & Morten Henningsen, 2008. "Job Durations and the Job Search Model: A Two-Country, Multi-Sample Analysis," Discussion Papers 553, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Nilsen, Øivind Anti & Salvanes, Kjell G. & Schiantarelli, Fabio, 2003.
"Employment Changes, the Structure of Adjustment Costs, and Plant Size,"
IZA Discussion Papers
920, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Nilsen, Oivind A. & Salvanes, Kjell G. & Schiantarelli, Fabio, 2007. "Employment changes, the structure of adjustment costs, and plant size," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 577-598, April.
- Oivind A. Nilsen & Kjell G. Salvanes & Fabio Schiantarelli, 2003. "Employment Changes, the Structure of Adjustment Costs, and Plant Size," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 586, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Nilsen, Øivind Anti & Salvanes, Kjell G. & Schiantarelli, Fabio, 2003. "Employment Changes, the Structure of Adjustment Costs, and Plant Size," Working Papers in Economics 11/03, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Lundberg, Lars & Andersson, Linda & Gustafsson, Ola, 1998. "Structural Change, Competition and Job Turnover in the Swedish Manufacturing Industry 1964-96," Working Paper Series 148, Trade Union Institute for Economic Research.
- Bratsberg, Bernt & Fevang, Elisabeth & Røed, Knut, 2010. "Disability in the Welfare State: An Unemployment Problem in Disguise?," IZA Discussion Papers 4897, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Camacho-Cabiscol, Josep-Maria & Baró Llinàs, Joan & Alemany Leira, Ramon, 2000. "Job Flows In Catalonia," ERSA conference papers ersa00p456, European Regional Science Association.
- Chung, Heejung, 2006. "Flexibility, but for whom? : A new approach to examining labour market flexibility across Europe using company level data," MPRA Paper 2397, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Mar 2007.
- Harald Dale-Olsen & Dag Rønningen, 2000. "The Importance of Definitions of Data and Observation Frequen-cies for Job and Worker Flows - Norwegian Experiences 1996-1997," Discussion Papers 278, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Nilsen, Øivind & Salvanes, Kjell G. & Schiantarelli, Fabio, 2000. "Employment Changes, the Structure of Adjustment Costs, and Firms' Size," 10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002 A1-4, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Lesley O'Connell, 1999. "Collective Bargaining Systems in Six Latin American Countries: Degrees of Autonomy and Decentralization (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Uruguay)," Research Department Publications 4168, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.