Testing Employment determination in Unionised Economices as a Repeated Gam e
AbstractThis paper is an empirical analysis of alternative bargaining theories of wage and employment determination. Using data from manufacturing sectors of the Spanish economy, we find that unions and firms are not myopic and take dynamic considerations into account in the bargaining process.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by ASSET (Association of Southern European Economic Theorists) in its series ASSET - Instituto De Economia Publica with number 157.
Length: 3 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: ASSET - Instituto De Economia Publica Facultad de Ciencias Economicas Y Empresariales . Avenida Lehendakari Aguirre, 83. 48015 Bilbao. Spain
Phone: + 33 - 4 91 14 07 70
Fax: + 33 - 4 91 90 02 27
Web page: http://www.vcharite.univ-mrs.fr/ASSET/
More information through EDIRC
TESTS ; EMPLOYMENT ; WAGES;
Other versions of this item:
- De la Rica, Sara & Espinosa, Maria Paz, 1997. "Testing Employment Determination in Unionised Economies as a Repeated Game," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 44(2), pages 134-52, May.
- C78 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Bargaining Theory; Matching Theory
- J50 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - General
- J51 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Trade Unions: Objectives, Structure, and Effects
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chica Páez, Yolanda & Espinosa Alejos, María Paz, 2005. "Union Formation and Bargaining Rules in the Labor Market," DFAEII Working Papers 2005-07, University of the Basque Country - Department of Foundations of Economic Analysis II.
- Chica Páez, Yolanda & Espinosa Alejos, María Paz, 2009. "Endogenous Unions Formation," DFAEII Working Papers 2009-.07, University of the Basque Country - Department of Foundations of Economic Analysis II.
- Nicholas Lawson, 2011. "Is Collective Bargaining Pareto Efficient? A Survey of the Literature," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 282-304, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.