Economic Depreciation of Natural Resources in Asia and Implications for Net Savings and Long-Run Consumption
AbstractRents from extracting natural resources (minerals and roundwood) were equivalent to a fifth or more of gross domestic savings in at least one year during 1970-92 in nearly all countries in a sample of fourteen from Asia. This was the case even in China and India, which are not usually thought of as being resource-rich. On a per capita basis, rents were larger in most countries in 1992 than in 1970; relative to GDP, they rose in most South Asia countries, including India.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Harvard - Institute for International Development in its series Papers with number 614.
Length: 30 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: CAER Project, Harvard Institute for International Development, 14 Story Street, Cambridge MA 02138O
Web page: http://www.hiid.harvard.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q23 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Forestry
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alisjahbana, Armida & Yusuf, Arief Anshory, 2003.
"Assessing Indonesia's sustainable development: long-run trend, impact of the crisis, and adjustment during the recovery period,"
1736, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Armida Alisjahbana & Arief Anshory Yusuf, 2003. "Assessing Indonesia's sustainable development: long-run trend, impact of the crisis, and adjustment during the recovery period," Working Papers in Economics and Development Studies (WoPEDS) 200306, Department of Economics, Padjadjaran University, revised Oct 2003.
- Purnamita Dasgupta & Shikha Gupta, 2008. "Measuring Sustainability with Macroeconomic Data for India," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22149, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Purnamita Dasgupta & Shikha Gupta, 2008. "Measuring Sustainability with Macroeconomic Data for India," Working Papers id:1574, eSocialSciences.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.