The Importance of Intercultural Communication in the Global World
AbstractThe globalization process is forcing businesses to rethink their strategies. Intercultural communication, skills assume an ever larger role in global marketing and sale strategies. Consequently, language programs need to respond to these changes. Future business managers must acquire effective intecultural competence. The one world market has forced businesses to think global, act local, and integrate. Intercultural communication serves a vital role in that it can foresrall miscommunication, prevent misunderstandings, and avert mistakes.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration in its series Papers with number 98/6.
Length: 17 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Technical University Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration. Gustav-Zeuner-Str.8, D-09596 Freiberg.
Web page: http://tu-freiberg.de/fakult6
More information through EDIRC
COMMUNICATION ; GLOBALIZATION;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
- M30 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - General
- M37 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Advertising
- Z10 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.