"Time Consistency of Congestion Tolls"
AbstractA congestion toll may have two purposes. First, to reduce congestion the current period. Second, to induce investment which will reduce demand and congestion in later periods. When government cannot credibly commit to future tolle, the optimal toll in the each period may be low, and congestion may be high.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by California Irvine - School of Social Sciences in its series Papers with number 98-99-1.
Length: 9 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA IRVINE, SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES, IRVINECALIFORNIA 91717 U.S.A.
INVESTMENTS ; GOVERNMENT;
Other versions of this item:
- Glazer, Amihai, 2000. "Time Consistency of Congestion Tolls," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt22d6v77r, University of California Transportation Center.
- Glazer, Amihai, 1999. "Time Consistency of Congestion Tolls," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt1z55v5r8, University of California Transportation Center.
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Capital; Investment; Capacity
- E00 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.