Generalized Ginis and Cooperative Bargaining Solution
AbstractThis paper introduces and characterizes a new class of solutions to cooperative bargaining problems that can be rationalized by generalized Gini orderings defined on the agents' utility gains. Generalized Ginis are orderings that can be represented by quasi-concave, nondecreasing functions that are linear in rank-ordered subspaces of Euclidean space. In the case of three or more agents, the authors' characterization of (multivalued) generalized Gini bargaining solutions uses a linear invariance requirement in addition to some standard conditions. In the two-person case, the generalized Gini bargaining solutions can be characterized with a weakening of linear invariance. Copyright 1994 by The Econometric Society.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universite Aix-Marseille III in its series G.R.E.Q.A.M. with number 93a12.
Length: 17 pages
Date of creation: 1993
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: G.R.E.Q.A.M., (GROUPE DE RECHERCHE EN ECONOMIE QUANTITATIVE D'AIX MARSEILLE), CENTRE DE VIEILLE CHARITE, 2 RUE DE LA CHARITE, 13002 MARSEILLE.
Web page: http://www.greqam.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Blackorby, Charles & Bossert, Walter & Donaldson, David, 1994. "Generalized Ginis and Cooperative Bargaining Solutions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(5), pages 1161-78, September.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jean-Yves Duclos & Abdelkrim Araar, 2003.
"An Atkinson-Gini family of social evaluation functions,"
AccessEcon, vol. 3(19), pages 1-16.
- Araar, Abdelkrim & Duclos, Jean-Yves, 1998. "An Atkinson-Gini Family of Social Evaluation Functions," Cahiers de recherche 9826, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Abdelkrim Araar & Jean-Yves Duclos, 2001. "An Atkinson-Gini Family of Social Evaluation Functions," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 476.01, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Ok, Efe A., 1998. "Inequality averse collective choice," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 301-321, October.
- Miguel Ángel Hinojosa & Amparo Mª Mármol & José Manuel Zarzuelo, 2007. "Multi-Utilitarian Bargaining Solutions," Working Papers 07.13, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- Marco Mariotii, 1996. "Fair bargains: distributive justice and Nash Bargaining Theory," Game Theory and Information 9611003, EconWPA, revised 27 Nov 1996.
- Francois Maniquet, 2002.
"On the Equivalence between Welfarism and Equality of Opportunity,"
Economics Working Papers
0022, Institute for Advanced Study, School of Social Science.
- François Maniquet, 2004. "On the equivalence between welfarism and equality of opportunity," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 127-147, 08.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2003:i:19:p:1-16 is not listed on IDEAS
- M. Hinojosa & A. Mármol & J. Zarzuelo, 2008. "Inequality averse multi-utilitarian bargaining solutions," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 597-618, December.
- Ok, Efe A. & Zhou, Lin, 2000. "The Choquet Bargaining Solutions," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 249-264, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.