Appointed Referred Applicants - a Way of Motivating Employees
AbstractThis paper is a study of the function of appointments of referred workers as a way of motivating employees. Earlier research has stressed out that infromation about the ability of the referred applicant can explain why appointments through contacts are made. In this paper it is shown that it can be profitable to appoint new employees according to the suggestions of the old employees even though it means that the employer deliberately appoints applicants with lower ability.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Aarhus School of Business - Department of Economics in its series Papers with number 98-9.
Length: 18 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, Faculty of Business Administration. The Aarhus School of Business. Fuglesangs Alle 4. DK- 8210 Aarhus V - Denmark
Phone: +45 89 486396
Fax: +45 8615 5175
Web page: http://www.asb.dk/about/departments/nat.aspx
More information through EDIRC
WAGES ; HUMAN CAPITAL ; RECRUITMENT;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
- J41 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Labor Contracts
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.