Pricing behavior in Philippine corn markets: implications for market efficiency
AbstractThe future for Philippine corn looks bright. Increases in demand for feed for livestock and poultry, activated by income-led growth in demand for meat, are providing the major push for corn growth. But whether the potential for development can be reached hinges on the efficiency of the existing marketing and pricing system. In Pricing Behavior in Philippine Corn Markets: Implications for Market Efficiency, Research Report 101, Meyra Sebello Mendoza and Mark W. Rosegrant explore this issue by determining the speed with which price signals are communicated between markets and quantifying the impact of new information on the pricing process. In determining whether market information is transmitted completely and on time to Filipino corn farmers, they identify possible constraints faced by farmers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) in its series Research reports with number 101.
Date of creation: 1995
Date of revision:
Maize Philippines.; Corn Prices Philippines Statistical methods.;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- F. T. M. Kilima, 2006. "Are Price Changes in the World Market Transmitted to Markets in Less Developed Countries? A Case Study of Sugar, Cotton, Wheat, and Rice in Tanzania," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp160, IIIS.
- Chang, Hui-Shung (Christie), 2004. "Cross-sector Comparisons of Poultry Production in The Philippines," Working Papers 12896, University of New England, School of Economics.
- Briones, Roehlano M., 2009. "Impact Assessment of National and Regional Policies Using the Philippine Regional General Equilibrium Model (PRGEM)," Discussion Papers DP 2009-03, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Kherallah, Mylene & Lofgren, Hans & Gruhn, Peter & Reeder, Meyra M., 2000. "Wheat policy reform in Egypt: adjustment of local markets and options for future reforms," Research reports 115, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:phd:pjdevt:pjd_2001_vol._xxviii_no._1-b is not listed on IDEAS
- Roehlano M. Briones, 2009. "Impact Assessment of National and Regional Policies Using the Philippine Regional General Equilibrium Model," Development Economics Working Papers 22617, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Hui-Shung (Christie) Chang, 2007. "Analysis of the Philippine Chicken Industry: Commercial versus Backyard Sectors," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture, vol. 4(1), pages 41-56, June.
- Mutuc, Maria Erlinda M. & Rejesus, Roderick M. & Pan, Suwen & Yorobe, Jose M., Jr., 2012. "Impact Assessment of Bt Corn Adoption in the Philippines," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 44(01), February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.