Achieving urban food and nutrition security in the developing world:
AbstractCONTENTS: Brief 1. Overview / James L. Garrett Brief 2. An urbanizing world / Martin Brockerhoff Brief 3. Rural-urban interdependence / Ceclia Tacoli Brief 4. Urban livelihoods and labor markets / Arjan de Haan Brief 5. Feeding the cities: food supply and distribution / Olivio Argenti Brief 6. The hidden significance of urban agriculture / Luc J.A. Mougeot Brief 7. Urbanization and the nutrition transition / Barry M. Popkin Brief 8. Urban women: balancing work and childcare / Patrice L. Engle Brief 9. Threats to urban health / Carolyn Stephens Brief 10. Programming for urban food and nutrition security / Timothy R. Frankenberger, James L. Garrett, and Jeanne Downen.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) in its series 2020 vision focus with number 3.
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Food supply; food security; Livelihoods; Urban programming;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marie T. Ruel & James L. Garrett, 2004.
"Features of Urban Food and Nutrition Security and Considerations for Successful Urban Programming,"
The Electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations,
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, vol. 1(2), pages 242-271.
- Ruel, Marie T. & Garrett, James L., 2004. "Features of Urban Food and Nutrition Security and Considerations for Successful Urban Programming," eJADE: electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization, Agricultural and Development Economics Division, Food and Agriculture Organization, Agricultural and Development Economics Division, vol. 1(2).
- Patrick Webb & Karin Lapping, 2002. "Are the Determinants of Malnutrition the Same as for 'Food Insecurity'? Recent Findings from 6 Developing Countries on the Interaction Between Food and Nutrition Security," Working Papers in Food Policy and Nutrition, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy 06, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy.
- Mutuc, Maria Erlinda M. & Pan, Suwen & Rejesus, Roderick M., 2006.
"Household Vegetable Demand in the Philippines: Is There an Urban-Rural Divide?,"
2006 Annual Meeting, February 5-8, 2006, Orlando, Florida, Southern Agricultural Economics Association
35483, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Maria Erlinda M. Mutuc & Suwen Pan & Roderick M. Rejesus, 2007. "Household vegetable demand in the Philippines: Is there an urban-rural divide?," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(4), pages 511-527.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.