The economic aspects of the energy sector in CIS countries
AbstractFinal report of a study commissioned by ECFIN toÂ CASE (Centre for Social and Economic Research) This report analyses the macroeconomic aspects of energy sector development in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) countries. It also briefly covers selected aspects of EU-CIS energy relations, looking at the potential of the CIS region as a source of energy supplies for the EU and at energy policy options in the CIS.Â
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission in its series European Economy - Economic Papers with number 327.
Length: 385 pages
Date of creation: Jun 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Coomunivcations Unit, B-1049 Bruxelles / Brussels
Fax: +32 2 298.08.23
Web page: http://ec.europa.eu/economy_finance/index_en.htm
More information through EDIRC
CIS; EU; Energy; Dutch disease; quasi fiscal activities; oil funds; resource curse; CASE;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E0 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- P28 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Natural Resources; Environment
- Q4 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rudiger Ahrend & William Tompson, 2006. "Realising the Oil Supply Potential of the CIS: The Impact of Institutions and Policies," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 484, OECD Publishing.
- Artur Tamazian & B. Bhaskara Rao, 2009.
"Do Economic, Financial and Institutional Developments Matter for Environmental Degradation? Evidence from Transitional Economies,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI_RP_2009_02, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Tamazian, Artur & Bhaskara Rao, B., 2010. "Do economic, financial and institutional developments matter for environmental degradation? Evidence from transitional economies," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 137-145, January.
- Tamazian, Artur & Rao, B. Bhaskara, 2008. "Do Economic, Financial and Institutional Developments Matter for Environmental Degradation? Evidence from Transitional Economies," MPRA Paper 13015, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ECFIN INFO).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.