Financial Transactions Taxes
AbstractThis paper attempts to address both theoretical and practical considerations for a tax such as financial transactions taxes (FTT). It includes examples of FTT in the wider context, for example, on stocks and derivatives, currency transactions, and tangible property. Most of the discussion centres on financial market issues to reflect the thrust of current discussion and debate. [Working Paper 254]. URL:[http://www.icrier.org/pdf/Working_Paper_254.pdf].
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:3930.
Date of creation: Apr 2011
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
stocks; currency transactions; G20; Capital Inflows; Derivatives; Economic Efficiency; Financial Assets; Fiscal Stimulus; Stock Market Transactions Costs; Taxes; Volatility; FTT;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2011-05-14 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2011-05-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-PUB-2011-05-14 (Public Finance)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ratti, Ronald A. & Shome, Parthasarathi, 1977. "On a general equilibrium model of the incidence of the corporation tax under uncertainty," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 233-238, October.
- Dayanand Arora & Francis Xavier Rathinam, 2011.
"OTC derivatives market in India: recent regulatory initiatives and open issues for market stability and development,"
Macroeconomics and Finance in Emerging Market Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 235-261, April.
- Dayanand Arora & Francis Xavier Rathinam, 2010. "OTC Derivatives Market in India: Recent Regulatory Initiatives and Open Issues for Market Stability and Development," Working Papers id:2479, eSocialSciences.
- DayanArora & Francis Xavier Rathinam, 2010. "OTC Derivatives Market in India : Recent Regulatory Initiatives and Open Issues for Market Stability and Development," Finance Working Papers 23029, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Badi Baltagi & Dong Li & Qi Li, 2006. "Transaction tax and stock market behavior: evidence from an emerging market," Empirical Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 393-408, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.