The Question of Land and Infrastructure Development in India: Urgently Required Reforms for Fairness and Infrastructural Development
AbstractIn this paper an analytical critique of the law and restrictions as also of the framework of urban planning and a justification for why major change is required in the approach to land markets, land acquisition and urban planning is provided. They also provide the key elements of a reformed approach that can create a win-win framework for development. Also their suggestions on how the proposed Amendment to the Land Acquisition Act can be changed to make the Act functional and remove the residual perversities therein is being presented.[W.P. No. 2010-03-02]
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:2619.
Date of creation: Jun 2010
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
analytical critique; law; restrictions; framework; urban planning; land markets; land acquisitionl; win-win framework;
Other versions of this item:
- Morris, Sebastian & Pandey, Ajay, . "The Question of Land and Infrastructure Development in India: Urgently Required Reforms for Fairness and Infrastructural Development," IIMA Working Papers WP2010-03-02, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- NEP-ALL-2010-07-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2010-07-10 (Development)
- NEP-REG-2010-07-10 (Regulation)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Morris, Sebastian & Pandey, Ajay, . "Towards Reform of Land Acquisition Framework in India," IIMA Working Papers WP2007-05-04, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Morris, Sebastian, . "Issues in Real Estate and Urban Management – A Note," IIMA Working Papers WP2010-11-01, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.