Costs of Basic Services in Kerala, 2007, Education, Health, Childbirth and Finance (Loans)
AbstractThe focus of this study is to analyze the pattern and costs of services in four areas, which critically affect most households in Kerala . The major concerns of this paper include answers to questions such as: How much did Kerala households spend for education of their children, for treatment of common and chronic diseases among their members, and for securing medical services related to pregnancy and childbirth? What is the extent of household indebtedness in Kerala? At what cost households secure loans for household and personal needs from banks and other financial institutions? [CDS WP 406].
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:1837.
Date of creation: Jan 2009
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
religion; India; chronic diseases; health; hospitals; marriage; education; migration; schools; costs; households; Kerala; education; childbirth; pregnancy; finance; loans; medical services; indebtness; services; children; population;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-01-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2009-01-17 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2009-01-17 (Development)
- NEP-MFD-2009-01-17 (Microfinance)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- S. Irudaya Rajan & Udaya S. Mishra, 2008. "Managing Migration in thePhilippines: Lessons for India," Working Papers id:1346, eSocialSciences.
- K.C. Zachariah & S. Irudaya Rajan, 2005. "Unemployment in Kerala at the turn of the century: Insights from CDS Gulf migration studies," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 374, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.