Fostering values in organizations
AbstractToday, values hold a prominent place both in business ethics and in organization theory. However, there persists considerable confusion about what these values are and what role they play in these theories and, therefore, how they can be developed both within the individual and within the organization. Therefore, this paper seeks to define a conception of values based on a theory of human action that can provide a basis for an organization theory, and to propose a series of ideas about how personal and organizational values can be fostered.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by IESE Business School in its series IESE Research Papers with number D/483.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: 18 Dec 2002
Date of revision:
action theory; motives; organization; strategy; values; virtues;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-05-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2003-05-08 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-HPE-2003-05-08 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- B. Posner, 2010. "Values and the American Manager: A Three-Decade Perspective," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 91(4), pages 457-465, February.
- Barry Posner, 2010. "Another Look at the Impact of Personal and Organizational Values Congruency," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 97(4), pages 535-541, December.
- K. Jin & Ronald Drozdenko, 2010. "Relationships among Perceived Organizational Core Values, Corporate Social Responsibility, Ethics, and Organizational Performance Outcomes: An Empirical Study of Information Technology Professionals," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 92(3), pages 341-359, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Silvia Jimenez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.