Global dynamics and imbalance effects in the Lucas Uzawa model : further results
AbstractIn this paper we use a new analytical approach to the Lucas-Uzawa model (Boucekkine and Ruiz-Tamarit, 2007) to extend the existinc results on the dynamics and notably on the imbalance effects arising in the model. The approach does not only allow to extend the traditional analysis to any initial conditions for all variables in level, but it also permits a more general investigation of imbalance effects
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques in its series Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) with number 2007018.
Date of creation: 01 Jul 2007
Date of revision:
Lucas-Uzawa; hypergeometric functions; imbalance effects; global dynamics;
Other versions of this item:
- BOUCEKKINE, Raouf & MARTINEZ, Blanca & RUIZ-TAMARIT, Jose R., 2007. "Global dynamics and imbalance effects in the Lucas-Uzawa model: further results," CORE Discussion Papers 2007025, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- E20 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- O40 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
- C60 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mulligan, Casey B & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1993.
"Transitional Dynamics in Two-Sector Models of Endogenous Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 108(3), pages 739-73, August.
- Casey B. Mulligan & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1992. "Transitional Dynamics in Two-Sector Models of Endogenous Growth," NBER Working Papers 3986, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mulligan, C.B. & Sala-i-Martin, X., 1992. "Transitional Dynamics in Two-Sector Models of Endogenous Growth," Papers 651, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Benhabib Jess & Perli Roberto, 1994. "Uniqueness and Indeterminacy: On the Dynamics of Endogenous Growth," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 113-142, June.
- BOUCEKKINE, Raouf & RUIZ-TAMARIT, Ramon, 2004.
"Special functions for the study of economic dynamics: The case of the Lucas-Uzawa model,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2004084, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Boucekkine, R. & Ruiz-Tamarit, J.R., 2008. "Special functions for the study of economic dynamics: The case of the Lucas-Uzawa model," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 33-54, January.
- Raouf, BOUCEKKINE & José R. , RUIZ-TAMARIT, 2004. "Special functions for the study of economic dynamics : The case of the Lucas-Uzawa model," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2004026, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- BOUCEKKINE, Raouf & RUIZ-TAMARIT, José Ramon, . "Special functions for the study of economic dynamics: The case of the Lucas-Uzawa model," CORE Discussion Papers RP -2003, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- BENCHEKROUN, Hassan & WITHAGEN, Cees, 2008.
"Global Dynamics in a Growth Model with an Exhaustible Resource,"
Cahiers de recherche
11-2008, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Hassan Benchekroun & Cees Withagen, 2008. "Global Dynamics In A Growth Model With An Exhaustible Resource," Departmental Working Papers 2008-01, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- Roy Cerqueti & Raffaella Coppier & Gustavo Piga, 2012.
"Corruption, growth and ethnic fractionalization: a theoretical model,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 106(2), pages 153-181, June.
- Roy Cerqueti & Raffaella Coppier & Gustavo Piga, 2011. "Corruption, Growth and Ethnic Fractionalization: a Theoretical Model," CEIS Research Paper 216, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 08 Nov 2011.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne DAVISTER-LOGIST).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.