Portfolio selection through and extremality stochastic order
AbstractIn this paper we introduce a new multivariate stochastic order that compares random vectors in a direction which is determined by a unit vector, generalizing previous upper and lower orthant order. The main properties of this new order, together with its relationships with other multivariate stochastic orders, are investigated and, we present some examples of application in the determination of optimal allocations of wealth among risks in single period portfolio problems.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría in its series Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers with number ws121812.
Date of creation: Jun 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: C/ Madrid, 126 - 28903 GETAFE (MADRID)
Web page: http://www.uc3m.es/uc3m/dpto/DEE/departamento.html
More information through EDIRC
Portfolio selection; Extremality; Upper orthant; 60E15; 62P05; 91G10;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-01 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Landsman, Zinoviy, 2004. "On the generalization of Esscher and variance premiums modified for the elliptical family of distributions," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 563-579, December.
- Yaari, Menahem E, 1987. "The Dual Theory of Choice under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 95-115, January.
- Bauerle, Nicole & Muller, Alfred, 2006. "Stochastic orders and risk measures: Consistency and bounds," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 132-148, February.
- Rinott, Yosef & Scarsini, Marco, 2006. "Total positivity order and the normal distribution," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(5), pages 1251-1261, May.
- Landsman, Zinoviy & Tsanakas, Andreas, 2006. "Stochastic ordering of bivariate elliptical distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(5), pages 488-494, March.
- Karlin, Samuel & Rinott, Yosef, 1980. "Classes of orderings of measures and related correlation inequalities. I. Multivariate totally positive distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 467-498, December.
- Franco Pellerey & Patrizia Semeraro, 2005. "A Note on the Portfolio Selection Problem," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 59(4), pages 295-306, December.
- Hans Föllmer & Alexander Schied, 2002. "Convex measures of risk and trading constraints," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 429-447.
- Hadar, Josef & Russell, William R., 1971. "Stochastic dominance and diversification," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 288-305, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.