Desenvolvimento Rural na Sociedade do Conhecimento
AbstractGlobalization has a concrete territorial expression, with remaining regional asymmetries. Authors in growth and development are far away to achieve consensus about the underpinning reasons of heterogeneity in regional performance. This constitutes an important regional policy issue. This paper is based upon a concrete developing planning experience in a Portuguese rural and peripheral region. The aim of this paper is to build a methodological and procedural setup enabling to mobilize economic agents in order to use the new knowledge-based technologies. In fact, we think that this kind of methodology provides a better decision environment to take advantage and promote new business opportunities, increasing existent firm competitiveness.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidade da Beira Interior, Departamento de Gestão e Economia (Portugal) in its series Working Papers de Gestão, Economia e Marketing (Management, Economics and Marketing Working Papers) with number 11/2001.
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
Strategy; Rural Development; Institutional Networks;
Other versions of this item:
- Pedro Guedes & Joo Leito & Andrea Silva, 2002. "Desenvolvimento Rural na Sociedade do Conhecimento," Urban/Regional 0205001, EconWPA.
- R1 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics
- R5 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joao Ferreira & Joao Leitao & Mario Raposo, 2005. "Competitive Advantages of the Beira Interior (Portugal): A TOWS Approach," Development and Comp Systems 0509022, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carla Loureiro).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.