Public research-industry relations in Italy
AbstractFollowing the growing interest towards the role of the knowledge in the modern economies the economic literature has focused a lot of studies into the role of the producers of new knowledge, e.g. universities and public research institutions. The relations between these bodies and the firms, the contributions of the technological spillovers at the local level, the creation of new technology based firms, the challange between fundamental research and applied research are some of the arguments of the present debate. This paper represents a short survey of the international literature with a focus on the studies concerning Italy. The results show a common evidence even if in some areas the Italian sistuation is quite underdeveloped with large areas for future policy intervention.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO) in its series CERIS Working Paper with number 200416.
Length: 19 pages
Date of creation: Dec 2004
Date of revision:
public research-industry relations; innovation policy Classification JEL: H54; L31; O31; O32;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- inn - - - - - -
- pol - - - - - -
- Cla - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - - - -
- JEL - Labor and Demographic Economics - - - - -
- H54 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Infrastructures
- L31 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Nonprofit Institutions; NGOs
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alessandro Sembenelli & Laura Rondi & Fabio Schiantarelli & Brian Sack, 1993. "Firms' Financial And Real Responses To Business Cycle Shocks And Monetary Tightening: Evidence For Large And Small Italian Companies," CERIS Working Paper 199305, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Enrico Viarisio) or (Anna Perin) or (Giancarlo Birello).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.