An Econometric Investigation of North-South Interdependence
AbstractIn Centre for Economic Policy Research Discussion Paper Nos. 164 and 165 I presented econometric models of the industrialized countries (North) and the oil-importing developing countries (South). This paper links the two models so that the economic interdependence between North and South can be investigated. A series of simulations are presented in which the effects of Northern shocks on the South are considered as well as the effects of Southern shocks on the North. The paper concludes with simulations that take account of feedback effects between North and South.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers in its series CEPR Discussion Papers with number 230.
Date of creation: Mar 1988
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Centre for Economic Policy Research, 77 Bastwick Street, London EC1V 3PZ.
Phone: 44 - 20 - 7183 8801
Fax: 44 - 20 - 7183 8820
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hoffmaister, Alexander W. & Pradhan, Mahmood & Samiei, Hossein, 1998.
"Have North-South growth linkages changed?,"
Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 791-808, May.
- Beenstock, Michael, 1995. "An econometric model of the oil importing developing countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 3-14, January.
- Diego Bastourre & Jorge Carrera & Javier Ibarlucia, 2008. "Commodity Prices in Argentina: What Moves the Wind?," Ensayos Económicos, Central Bank of Argentina, Economic Research Department, vol. 1(51), pages 43-81, April - S.
- Diego Bastourre, 2008. "Inversores Financieros en los Mercados de Commodities: Un Modelo con Dinámica de Ajuste no Lineal al Equilibrio," Department of Economics, Working Papers 072, Departamento de Economía, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Diego Bastourre & Jorge Carrera & Javier Ibarlucia, 2010.
"Commodity Prices: Structural Factors, Financial Markets and Non-Linear Dynamics,"
BCRA Working Paper Series
201050, Central Bank of Argentina, Economic Research Department.
- Diego Bastourre & Jorge Carrera & Javier Ibarlucia, 2010. "Commodity Prices: Structural Factors, Financial Markets and Non-Linear Dynamics," BCRA Paper Series, Central Bank of Argentina, Economic Research Department, number 06 edited by Jorge Carrera, June.
- Bastourre, Diego, 2008.
"Cambio fundamental o especulación financiera en los mercados de commodities? Un modelo con ajuste no lineal al equilibrio
[Structural break or financial speculation in commodity markets? A multiva," MPRA Paper 9910, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.