Perfect correlated equilibria
AbstractThe ([ epsilon ] -) perfect correlated equilibria (P.C.E.) are those induced by a ([ epsilon ] -) perfect equilibrium of some correlation device. The "revelation principle" fails for this concept - the direct mechanism may not yield a perfect equilibrium. The approximately perfect correlated equilibria (A.P.C.E.) are the limits of [ epsilon ]-P.C.E., and we obtain a full characterisation for them. Even the A.P.C.E. are "acceptable". We argue on an example that, among those, these are the P.C.E. which seem the "right" concept.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) in its series CORE Discussion Papers with number 1992039.
Date of creation: 01 Mar 1992
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Edward Cartwright & Myrna Wooders, 2008. "Behavioral Properties of Correlated Equilibrium; Social Group Structures with Conformity and Stereotyping," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0814, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Shurojit Chatterji & Srihari Govindan, 2002.
"Message Spaces for Perfect Correlated Equilibria,"
0207, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- John Hillas & Elon Kohlberg, 1996. "Foundations of Strategic Equilibrium," Game Theory and Information 9606002, EconWPA, revised 18 Sep 1996.
- Pavlo Prokopovych & Lones Smith, 2004. "Subgame Perfect Correlated Equilibria in Repeated Games," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 287, Econometric Society.
- Viossat, Yannick, 2010.
"Properties and applications of dual reduction,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/882, Paris Dauphine University.
- Péter Vida & Francoise Forges, 2011.
"Implementation of Communication Equilibria by Correlated Cheap Talk: The Two-Player Case,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3360, CESifo Group Munich.
- Forges, Françoise & Vida, Péter, 2013. "Implementation of communication equilibria by correlated cheap talk: The two-player case," Theoretical Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 8(1), January.
- Forges, Françoise & Vida, Péter, 2013. "Implementation of Communication Equilibria by Correlated Cheap Talk : the Two-Player Case," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/8159, Paris Dauphine University.
- Dino Gerardi & Leeat Yariv, 2003. "Putting Your Ballot Where Your Mouth Is: An Analysis of Collective Choice with Communication," UCLA Economics Working Papers 827, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Gerardi, Dino & Myerson, Roger B., 2007.
"Sequential equilibria in Bayesian games with communication,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 104-134, July.
- Dino Gerardi & Roger B. Myerson, 2005. "Sequential Equilibria in Bayesian Games with Communication," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1542, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- MERTENS , Jean-François, 1996.
"The limit-price mechanism,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1996050, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Zhigang Cao, 2013. "Bargaining and cooperation in strategic form games with suspended realizations of threats," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 337-358, July.
- Yannick Viossat, 2003.
"Properties of Dual Reduction,"
- Zhigang Cao, 2011. "Remarks on Bargaining and Cooperation in Strategic Form Games," Discussion Paper Series dp565, The Center for the Study of Rationality, Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Kam-Chau Wong & Chongmin Kim, 2004. "Evolutionarily Stable Correlation," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 495, Econometric Society.
- Myerson, Roger B., 1997.
"Dual Reduction and Elementary Games,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1-2), pages 183-202, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.