The attractiveness of a modern and contemporary art museum
AbstractThis paper analyses the different factors influencing the intention to revisit a cultural attraction with an application to the Museum for Modern and Contemporary Art (MART) of Rovereto (Italy). The empirical data were obtained from a survey undertaken from September to November 2009 and a zero-truncated count data model is estimated. The findings reveal that, on the one hand, socio-demographic characteristics positively influence the probability to return. Also, as reported in other studies, the temporary exhibitions offered by the museum have a significant impact with a incidence rate ratio of almost two times. On the other hand, no matter how much the visitors spend on accommodation, are less likely to revisit if they travel in groups, by train or foot, are farer from their town of origin and spent longer visiting the museum.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia in its series Working Paper CRENoS with number 201106.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
museum; zero-truncated poisson; cultural economics; repeat visitation; rovereto (italy);
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C19 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Other
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-05-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2011-05-14 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-MKT-2011-05-14 (Marketing)
- NEP-TUR-2011-05-14 (Tourism Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Antonello Pau).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.