Europe's Productivity Gap: Catching Up or Getting Stuck?
AbstractAn earlier version of this paper was presented at the International Symposium on Productivity, Competitiveness and Globalisation at Banque de France on 4 November 2005. The present paper is updated and extended. The paper makes use of earlier work, including Van Ark (2005), O’Mahony and Van Ark (2003), Timmer and Van Ark (2005) and Van Ark and Inklaar (2005).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The Conference Board, Economics Program in its series Economics Program Working Papers with number 06-02.
Length: 34 pages
Date of creation: Jun 2006
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 845 Third Avenue, New York, New York 10022-6679
Phone: (212) 759-0900
Fax: (212) 980-7014
Web page: http://www.conference-board.org/publications/publicationlistall.cfm?sort=type#EconomicWorkingPaper
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nicoletti, Giuseppe & Scarpetta, Stefano, 2003.
"Regulation, productivity, and growth : OECD evidence,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2944, The World Bank.
- Giuseppe Nicoletti & Stefano Scarpetta, 2003. "Regulation, productivity and growth: OECD evidence," Economic Policy, CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 18(36), pages 9-72, 04.
- Giuseppe Nicoletti & Stefano Scarpetta, 2003. "Regulation, Productivity and Growth: OECD Evidence," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 347, OECD Publishing.
- AndrÃ© Sapir, 2005.
"Globalisation and the reform of European social models,"
- André Sapir, 2006. "Globalization and the Reform of European Social Models," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 369-390, 06.
- André Sapir, 2006. "Globalization and the reform of European social models," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/167139, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- André Sapir, 2006. "Globalisation and the reform of European social models," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8112, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Olivier Blanchard, 2004.
"The Economic Future of Europe,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 18(4), pages 3-26, Fall.
- Robert J. Gordon, 2004.
"Two Centuries of Economic Growth: Europe Chasing the American Frontier,"
NBER Working Papers
10662, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gordon, Robert J, 2004. "Two Centuries of Economic Growth: Europe Chasing the American Frontier," CEPR Discussion Papers 4415, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kevin J. Stiroh, 2001.
"Information technology and the U.S. productivity revival: what do the industry data say?,"
115, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Kevin J. Stiroh, 2002. "Information Technology and the U.S. Productivity Revival: What Do the Industry Data Say?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1559-1576, December.
- Timmer, Marcel P. & Ypma, Gerard & Ark, Bart van der, 2003. "IT in the European Union: driving productivity divergence?," GGDC Research Memorandum 200363, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Zvi Griliches, 1992. "Output Measurement in the Service Sectors," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gril92-1, July.
- Zvi Griliches, 1998.
"Productivity, R&D, and the Data Constraint,"
in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 347-374
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roeger, Werner, 1995. "Can Imperfect Competition Explain the Difference between Primal and Dual Productivity Measures? Estimates for U.S. Manufacturing," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(2), pages 316-30, April.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin M. Hitt, 2000. "Beyond Computation: Information Technology, Organizational Transformation and Business Performance," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 23-48, Fall.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (A Ozyildirim).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.