The Employment Effects of the 'New Economy' A Comparison of the European Union and the United States
AbstractThis article is based on a study by Bart van Ark, Robert Inklaar and Robert H. McGuckin (2002a), "Changing Gear: Productivity, ICT and Service: Europe and the United States," Research Memorandum GD60, Groningen Growth and Development Centre (downloadable from http://www.eco.rug.nl/ggdc).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The Conference Board, Economics Program in its series Economics Program Working Papers with number 03-02.
Length: 22 pages
Date of creation: Mar 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 845 Third Avenue, New York, New York 10022-6679
Phone: (212) 759-0900
Fax: (212) 980-7014
Web page: http://www.conference-board.org/publications/publicationlistall.cfm?sort=type#EconomicWorkingPaper
More information through EDIRC
ICT; productivity; services;
Other versions of this item:
- Bart van Ark & Robert Inklaar & Robert H. McGuckin & Marcel P. Timmer, 2003. "The Employment Effects of the `New Economy'. A Comparison of the European Union and the United States," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 184(1), pages 86-98, April.
- N10 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - General, International, or Comparative
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- O57 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Giuseppe Nicoletti & Andrea Bassanini & Ekkehard Ernst & Sébastien Jean & Paulo Santiago & Paul Swaim, 2001. "Product and Labour Markets Interactions in OECD Countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 312, OECD Publishing.
- Marcel Canoy & Peter Smith, 2008. "Services and the Single Market," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 319-347, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (A Ozyildirim).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.