Arbitraging mispriced assets with separation portfolios to lessen total risk
AbstractThis paper expands on a procedure to arbitrage mispriced assets against the benchmark provided by the Security Market Line, but using only separation portfolios to put up a feasible portfolio with the same beta as the mispriced asset and the least total risk among other alternative portfolios. Coming next, such arbitrage is dealt directly with one single separation portfolio, which grants that the total risk linked with the arbitrage portfolio equals the non-systematic risk conveyed by the mispriced asset.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidad del CEMA in its series CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. with number 203.
Date of creation: Nov 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Av. Córdoba 374, (C1054AAP) Capital Federal
Phone: (5411) 6314-3000
Fax: (5411) 4314-1654
Web page: http://www.cema.edu.ar/publicaciones/doc_trabajo.html
More information through EDIRC
arbitrage portfolios; separation portfolios; total risk; systematic risk;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rodolfo Apreda, 2000. "A transaction costs approach to financial assets rates of return," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 161, Universidad del CEMA.
- Rodolfo Apreda, 2001. "Arbitrage Portfolios," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 184, Universidad del CEMA.
- Rodolfo Apreda, 2003. "Simple and enlarged separation portfolios. On their Use when Arbitraging and Synthesizing Securities," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 233, Universidad del CEMA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valeria Dowding).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.