AbstractIt should be expected from this paper an expansion on some distinctive issues regarding arbitrage portfolios: i) a definition on arbitrage portfolios that enables adjustments to SML and CML environments; ii) sufficient conditions to set up arbitrage portfolios against the SML and CML; iii) feasibility of separation portfolios to carry out arbitrage not only against SML but CML as well; iv) arbitrage of portfolios located in Treynor’s lines by using separation portfolios within a SML environment.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidad del CEMA in its series CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. with number 184.
Date of creation: Feb 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Av. Córdoba 374, (C1054AAP) Capital Federal
Phone: (5411) 6314-3000
Fax: (5411) 4314-1654
Web page: http://www.cema.edu.ar/publicaciones/doc_trabajo.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fama, Eugene F, 1973. "A Note on the Market Model and the Two-Parameter Model," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 28(5), pages 1181-85, December.
- Rodolfo Apreda, 2000. "Differential Rates of Return and Residual Information Sets (A Discrete Approach)," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 177, Universidad del CEMA.
- James Tobin, 1956. "Liquidity Preference as Behavior Towards Risk," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 14, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Beja, Avraham, 1972. "On Systematic and Unsystematic Components of Financial Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 27(1), pages 37-45, March.
- Rodolfo Apreda, 2000. "A transaction costs approach to financial assets rates of return," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 161, Universidad del CEMA.
- Roll, Richard, 1978. "Ambiguity when Performance is Measured by the Securities Market Line," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 33(4), pages 1051-69, September.
- Ross, Stephen A., 1976. "The arbitrage theory of capital asset pricing," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 341-360, December.
- Babcock, Guilford C, 1972. "A Note on Justifying Beta as a Measure of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 27(3), pages 699-702, June.
- Rodolfo Apreda, 2001. "Arbitraging mispriced assets with separation portfolios to lessen total risk," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 203, Universidad del CEMA.
- Rodolfo Apreda, 2003. "Simple and enlarged separation portfolios. On their Use when Arbitraging and Synthesizing Securities," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 233, Universidad del CEMA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valeria Dowding).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.