Towards an Austrian Theory of the Firm
AbstractIn this contribution, our aim is to melt in the same analytical framework the Austrian conceptions, on the one hand, of the structure of production, and on the other hand, of the dynamics of knowledge; and then to propose a renewed theory of the firm and more generally of the analysis of the coordination of activities of the firms. In the debate concerning the new theories of the firm, we show that it is necessary to take into account the processual dimension of both production and knowledge in order to analyse as a process the coordination of firms plans.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CERDI in its series Working Papers with number 199826.
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Review of Austrian Economics, 1999, pages 43-64
Austrian Economics; Theory of the firm;
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Garzarelli, Giampaolo & Holian, Matthew J., 2011. "Parchment, guns, and the problem of governance," MPRA Paper 43724, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard P. Adelstein, 2003. "Knowledge and Power in the Mechanical Firm: Planning for Profit in Austrian Perspective," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2005-015, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics.
- Elena Bianca Vieru, 2012. "The Ecologist Spirit Underneath Austrian Economist Clothes," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 4, pages 236-242, December.
- Pierre Garrouste, 2008. "The Austrian roots of the economics of institutions," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 251-269, December.
- Pierre Garrouste, 2001. "Learning in economics: the Austrian insights," ICER Working Papers 25-2001, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Argandoña, Antonio, 2010. "From action theory to the theory of the firm," IESE Research Papers D/855, IESE Business School.
- Agnès Festré,, 2007. "Carl Menger and Friedrich von Wieser on the Role of Knowledge and Beliefs in the Emergence and Evolution of Institutions," ICER Working Papers 39-2007, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Agnès Festré, 2009. "Carl Menger and Friedrich von Wieser on the role of knowledge and beliefs," Working Papers halshs-00346478, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vincent Mazenod).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.