Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Activity in India
AbstractThis paper examines the relationship between foreign direct investment and economic activity in India in the post liberalisation period. Foreign direct investment is measured both by the amount approved as well as the actual flows. Economic activity is measured by the index of industrial production. Granger causality tests and innovation accounting analysis suggest that FDI flows (approvals and actual) respond to the level of industrial production. Actual flows, however, do not Granger-cause industrial output.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics in its series Working papers with number 62.
Length: 23 pages
Date of creation: Mar 1999
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Pami Dua & Aneesa I. Rashid, 1998. "Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Activity in India," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 33(2), pages 153-168, July.
- C3 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
- O5 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- James Laurenceson & Abby Kamalankanthan, . "How important is foreign capital to income growth in China and India?," EAERG Discussion Paper Series 0405, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Ansari, Mohd. Shamim & Ranga, Mukesh, 2010. "India’S Foreign Direct Investment: Current Status, Issues And Policy Recommendations," UTMS Journal of Economics, University of Tourism and Management, Skopje, Macedonia, vol. 1(2), pages 1-16.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vinayan. K.P).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.