Earnings Inequality in Australia: Changes, Causes and Consequences
AbstractThis paper studies the changes in earnings inequality. It also examines the causes and consequences of this changes.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University in its series CEPR Discussion Papers with number 390.
Length: 51 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
WAGES ; LABOUR ; INCOME DISTRIBUTION;
Other versions of this item:
- Borland, Jeff, 1999. "Earnings Inequality in Australia: Changes, Causes and Consequences," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 75(229), pages 177-202, June.
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alison L. Booth & Hiau Joo Kee, 2011.
"A Long‐Run View Of The University Gender Gap In Australia,"
Australian Economic History Review,
Economic History Society of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 51(3), pages 254-276, November.
- Booth, Alison L. & Kee, Hiau Joo, 2010. "A Long-Run View of the University Gender Gap in Australia," IZA Discussion Papers 4916, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- George Athanasopoulos & Farshid Vahid, 2002.
"Statistical Inference on Changes in Income Inequality in Australia,"
Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers
9/02, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- George Athanasopoulos & Farshid Vahid, 2003. "Statistical Inference and Changes in Income Inequality in Australia," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 79(247), pages 412-424, December.
- Stephen Bell & John Quiggin, 2005.
"Unemployment, Labour Market Insecurity and Policy Options,"
Australian Public Policy Program Working Papers
WP2P05, Risk and Sustainable Management Group, University of Queensland.
- Bell, Stephen & Quiggin, John, 2005. "Unemployment, Labour Market Insecurity and Policy Options," Risk and Sustainable Management Group Working Papers 151507, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Juan D. Bar�N & Deborah A. Cobb-Clark, 2010.
"Occupational Segregation and the Gender Wage Gap in Private- and Public-Sector Employment: A Distributional Analysis,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 86(273), pages 227-246, 06.
- Barón, Juan D. & Cobb-Clark, Deborah A., 2008. "Occupational Segregation and the Gender Wage Gap in Private- and Public-Sector Employment: A Distributional Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 3562, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sholeh A Maani, 2002. "Education and Maori Relative Income Levels over Time: The Mediating Effect of Occupation, Industry, Hours of Work and Locality," Treasury Working Paper Series 02/17, New Zealand Treasury.
- Jeff Borland, 2000. "Economic Explanations of Earnings Distribution Trends in the International Literature and Application to New Zealand," Treasury Working Paper Series 00/16, New Zealand Treasury.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.