Ideal-Gas Like Markets: Effect of Savings
AbstractWe discuss the ideal gas like models of a trading market. The effect of savings on the distribution have been thoroughly reviewed. The market with fixed saving factors leads to a Gamma-like distribution. In a market with quenched random saving factors for its agents we show that the steady state income ($m$) distribution $P(m)$ in the model has a power law tail with Pareto index $\nu$ equal to unity. We also discuss the detailed numerical results on this model. We analyze the distribution of mutual money difference and also develop a master equation for the time development of $P(m)$. Precise solutions are then obtained in some special cases.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number physics/0507136.
Date of creation: Jul 2005
Date of revision: Jul 2005
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ning Ding & Ning Xi & Yougui Wang, 2005.
"Effects of Saving and Spending Patterns on Holding Time Distribution,"
- N. Ding & N. Xi & Y. Wang, 2003. "Effects of saving and spending patterns on holding time distribution," The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 149-153, November.
- Clementi, F. & Gallegati, M., 2005.
"Power law tails in the Italian personal income distribution,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 350(2), pages 427-438.
- F. Clementi & M. Gallegati, 2004. "Power Law Tails in the Italian Personal Income Distribution," Papers cond-mat/0408067, arXiv.org.
- Fabio Clementi & Mauro Gallegati, 2005. "Power Law Tails in the Italian Personal Income Distribution," Microeconomics 0505005, EconWPA.
- Sitabhra Sinha, 2003. "Stochastic Maps, Wealth Distribution in Random Asset Exchange Models and the Marginal Utility of Relative Wealth," Papers cond-mat/0304324, arXiv.org.
- Arnab Chatterjee & Bikas K. Chakrabarti & Robin B. Stinchcombe, 2005. "Analyzing money distributions in `ideal gas' models of markets," Papers physics/0505047, arXiv.org.
- Karen E. Dynan & Jonathan Skinner & Stephen P. Zeldes, 2000.
"Do the Rich Save More?,"
NBER Working Papers
7906, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Levy, Moshe & Solomon, Sorin, 1997. "New evidence for the power-law distribution of wealth," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 242(1), pages 90-94.
- Sitabhra Sinha, 2005.
"Evidence for Power-law tail of the Wealth Distribution in India,"
- Sinha, Sitabhra, 2006. "Evidence for power-law tail of the wealth distribution in India," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 359(C), pages 555-562.
- G. Willis & J. Mimkes, 2004.
"Evidence for the Independence of Waged and Unwaged Income, Evidence for Boltzmann Distributions in Waged Income, and the Outlines of a Coherent Theory of Income Distribution,"
- Geoff Willis & Juergen Mimkes, 2004. "Evidence for the Independence of Waged and Unwaged Income, Evidence for Boltzmann Distributions in Waged Income, and the Outlines of a Coherent Theory of Income Distribution," Microeconomics 0408001, EconWPA.
- Chatterjee, Arnab & K. Chakrabarti, Bikas & Manna, S.S, 2004. "Pareto law in a kinetic model of market with random saving propensity," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 335(1), pages 155-163.
- Arnab Chatterjee & Bikas K. Chakrabarti & S. S. Manna, 2003. "Pareto Law in a Kinetic Model of Market with Random Saving Propensity," Papers cond-mat/0301289, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2004.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.