An extension of Paulsen-Gjessing's risk model with stochastic return on investments
AbstractWe consider in this paper a general two-sided jump-diffusion risk model that allows for risky investments as well as for correlation between the two Brownian motions driving insurance risk and investment return. We first introduce the model and then find the integro-differential equations satisfied by the Gerber-Shiu functions as well as the expected discounted penalty functions at ruin caused by a claim or by oscillation; We also study the dividend problem for the threshold and barrier strategies, the moments and moment-generating function of the total discounted dividends until ruin are discussed. Some examples are given for special cases.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1302.6757.
Date of creation: Feb 2013
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-02 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jostein Paulsen, 2008. "Ruin models with investment income," Papers 0806.4125, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2008.
- Yang, Hailiang & Zhang, Lihong, 2005. "Optimal investment for insurer with jump-diffusion risk process," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 615-634, December.
- Paulsen, Jostein, 1998. "Ruin theory with compounding assets -- a survey," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-16, May.
- Paulsen, Jostein & Gjessing, Hakon K., 1997. "Optimal choice of dividend barriers for a risk process with stochastic return on investments," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 215-223, October.
- Wang, Guojing & Wu, Rong, 2008. "The expected discounted penalty function for the perturbed compound Poisson risk process with constant interest," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 59-64, February.
- Paulsen, Jostein, 1993. "Risk theory in a stochastic economic environment," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 327-361, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.