On the optimal dividend problem for a spectrally positive Levy process
AbstractIn this paper we study the optimal dividend problem for a company whose surplus process evolves as a spectrally positive Levy process. This model including the dual model of the classical risk model and the dual model with diffusion as special cases. We assume that dividends are paid to the shareholders according to admissible strategy whose dividend rate is bounded by a constant. The objective is to find a dividend policy so as to maximize the expected discounted value of dividends which are paid to the shareholders until the company is ruined. We show that the optimal dividend strategy is formed by a threshold strategy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1302.2231.
Date of creation: Feb 2013
Date of revision: Mar 2014
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-02 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Avanzi, Benjamin & U. Gerber, Hans & S.W. Shiu, Elias, 2007. "Optimal dividends in the dual model," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 111-123, July.
- Hongshuai Dai & Zaiming Liu & Nana Luan, 2010. "Optimal dividend strategies in a dual model with capital injections," Computational Statistics, Springer, Springer, vol. 72(1), pages 129-143, August.
- Bjarne Hø jgaard & Michael Taksar, 1999. "Controlling Risk Exposure and Dividends Payout Schemes:Insurance Company Example," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 153-182.
- Chuancun Yin & Kam Chuen Yuen, 2014. "Optimal dividend problems for a jump-diffusion model with capital injections and proportional transaction costs," Papers 1409.0407, arXiv.org.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.