A finite-dimensional quantum model for the stock market
AbstractWe present a finite-dimensional version of the quantum model for the stock market proposed in [C. Zhang and L. Huang, A quantum model for the stock market, Physica A 389(2010) 5769]. Our approach is an attempt to make this model consistent with the discrete nature of the stock price and is based on the mathematical formalism used in the case of the quantum systems with finite-dimensional Hilbert space. The rate of return is a discrete variable corresponding to the coordinate in the case of quantum systems, and the operator of the conjugate variable describing the trend of the stock return is defined in terms of the finite Fourier transform. The stock return in equilibrium is described by a finite Gaussian function, and the time evolution of the stock price, directly related to the rate of return, is obtained by numerically solving a Schrodinger type equation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1204.4614.
Date of creation: Apr 2012
Date of revision: Sep 2012
Publication status: Published in Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications 392 (2013) 371-380
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-02 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pouria Pedram, 2011. "The minimal length uncertainty and the quantum model for the stock market," Papers 1111.6859, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2012.
- Zhang, Chao & Huang, Lu, 2010. "A quantum model for the stock market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(24), pages 5769-5775.
- Kirill Ilinski, 1997. "Physics of Finance," Papers hep-th/9710148, arXiv.org.
- Pedram, Pouria, 2012. "The minimal length uncertainty and the quantum model for the stock market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(5), pages 2100-2105.
- Chao Zhang & Lu Huang, 2010. "A quantum model for the stock market," Papers 1009.4843, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2010.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.