A quantum model for the stock market
AbstractBeginning with several basic hypotheses of quantum mechanics, we give a new quantum model in econophysics. In this model, we define wave functions and operators of the stock market to establish the Schr\"odinger equation for the stock price. Based on this theoretical framework, an example of a driven infinite quantum well is considered, in which we use a cosine distribution to simulate the state of stock price in equilibrium. After adding an external field into the Hamiltonian to analytically calculate the wave function, the distribution and the average value of the rate of return are shown.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1009.4843.
Date of creation: Sep 2010
Date of revision: Oct 2010
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cotfas, Liviu-Adrian, 2013. "A finite-dimensional quantum model for the stock market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(2), pages 371-380.
- Liviu-Adrian Cotfas, 2012. "A finite-dimensional quantum model for the stock market," Papers 1204.4614, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2012.
- Pouria Pedram, 2011. "The minimal length uncertainty and the quantum model for the stock market," Papers 1111.6859, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2012.
- Liviu-Adrian Cotfas, 2012. "A quantum mechanical model for the rate of return," Papers 1211.1938, arXiv.org.
- Pedram, Pouria, 2012. "The minimal length uncertainty and the quantum model for the stock market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(5), pages 2100-2105.
- Liviu-Adrian Cotfas, 2012. "Finite quantum mechanical model for the stock market," Papers 1208.6146, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2012.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.