Self-dual continuous processes
AbstractThe important application of semi-static hedging in financial markets naturally leads to the notion of quasi self-dual processes which is, for continuous semimartingales, related to symmetry properties of both their ordinary as well as their stochastic logarithms. We provide a structure result for continuous quasi self-dual processes. Moreover, we give a characterisation of continuous Ocone martingales via a strong version of self-duality.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1201.6516.
Date of creation: Jan 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-02-15 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ernst Eberlein & Antonis Papapantoleon & Albert Shiryaev, 2008. "On the duality principle in option pricing: semimartingale setting," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 265-292, April.
- Fajardo, José & Mordecki, Ernesto, 2010. "Market symmetry in time-changed Brownian models," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 53-59, March.
- JosE Fajardo & Ernesto Mordecki, 2006. "Symmetry and duality in Levy markets," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 219-227.
- Ernst Eberlein & Antonis Papapantoleon & Albert N. Shiryaev, 2008. "Esscher transform and the duality principle for multidimensional semimartingales," Papers 0809.0301, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2009.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.