Quasi self-dual exponential L\'evy processes
AbstractThe important application of semi-static hedging in financial markets naturally leads to the notion of quasi self-dual processes. The focus of our study is to give new characterizations of quasi self-duality for exponential L\'evy processes such that the resulting market does not admit arbitrage opportunities. We derive a set of equivalent conditions for the stochastic logarithm of quasi self-dual martingale models and derive a further characterization of these models not depending on the L\'evy-Khintchine parametrization. Since for non-vanishing order parameter two martingale properties have to be satisfied simultaneously, there is a non-trivial relation between the order and shift parameter representing carrying costs in financial applications. This leads to an equation containing an integral term which has to be inverted in applications. We first discuss several important properties of this equation and, for some well-known models, we derive a family of closed-form inversion formulae leading to parameterizations of sets of possible combinations in the corresponding parameter spaces of well-known L\'evy driven models.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1201.5132.
Date of creation: Jan 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-02-15 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fajardo, José & Mordecki, Ernesto, 2010. "Market symmetry in time-changed Brownian models," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 53-59, March.
- Ernst Eberlein & Antonis Papapantoleon & Albert Shiryaev, 2008. "On the duality principle in option pricing: semimartingale setting," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 265-292, April.
- Friedrich Hubalek & Carlo Sgarra, 2006. "Esscher transforms and the minimal entropy martingale measure for exponential Levy models," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(2), pages 125-145.
- Tehranchi, Michael R., 2009. "Symmetric martingales and symmetric smiles," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 119(10), pages 3785-3797, October.
- Ernst Eberlein & Antonis Papapantoleon & Albert N. Shiryaev, 2008. "Esscher transform and the duality principle for multidimensional semimartingales," Papers 0809.0301, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2009.
- Bernd Engelmann & Matthias Fengler & Morten Nalholm & Peter Schwendner, 2006. "Static versus dynamic hedges: an empirical comparison for barrier options," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 239-264, November.
- JosE Fajardo & Ernesto Mordecki, 2006. "Symmetry and duality in Levy markets," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 219-227.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.