Multifractal Height Cross-Correlation Analysis: A New Method for Analyzing Long-Range Cross-Correlations
AbstractWe introduce a new method for detection of long-range cross-correlations and multifractality - multifractal height cross-correlation analysis (MF-HXA) - based on scaling of qth order covariances. MF-HXA is a bivariate generalization of the height-height correlation analysis of Barabasi & Vicsek [Barabasi, A.L., Vicsek, T.: Multifractality of self-affine fractals, Physical Review A 44(4), 1991]. The method can be used to analyze long-range cross-correlations and multifractality between two simultaneously recorded series. We illustrate a power of the method on both simulated and real-world time series.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1201.3473.
Date of creation: Jan 2012
Date of revision: Jan 2012
Publication status: Published in EPL 95, 68001, 2011
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ladislav Kristoufek, 2013.
"Mixed-correlated ARFIMA processes for power-law cross-correlations,"
1307.6046, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2013.
- Kristoufek, Ladislav, 2013. "Mixed-correlated ARFIMA processes for power-law cross-correlations," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(24), pages 6484-6493.
- Ladislav Kristoufek, 2012.
"Fractal Markets Hypothesis And The Global Financial Crisis: Scaling, Investment Horizons And Liquidity,"
Advances in Complex Systems (ACS),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 15(06), pages 1250065-1-1.
- Ladislav Kristoufek, 2012. "Fractal Markets Hypothesis and the Global Financial Crisis: Scaling, Investment Horizons and Liquidity," Papers 1203.4979, arXiv.org.
- Ladislav Kristoufek, 2013. "Testing power-law cross-correlations: Rescaled covariance test," Papers 1307.4727, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2013.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.